Monday, May 18, 2009

Cooking class



We had a cooking class today and it was really fun. We made rolls (kind of like sushi rolls). As I told you before, the Korean culture is focused on their food and they plan lots of activities around eating. Here is my group - my mom, Shawn Smee who is in charge of Recruitment, Kara Mantooth who is the student government president at MSU, and Amanda Carter who recruits students to Murray State. The Korean lady with me is our language teacher. She also helped with our cooking class. I don't remember how to type her Korean name but I will add it tomorrow. She doesn't speak much english but she is very nice.

5 comments:

  1. Hi Will, I created this for Mattie. Hopefully she can blog with you later this week! Looks like you are having a great time!
    "Mattie's Mom"

    ReplyDelete
  2. So Will - did you eat some of the sushi that you fixed? Was it wrapped with seaweed?
    You are getting to do so many activities - lucky you!
    Can anyone translate your name into Korean?
    What were the instruments in the music class - we could see a drum - were there any melody instuments?
    Guess your mom has a new name - Will's mom. So that means we are: Catherine's mom and dad (AKA grandpa and grandma)
    Keep having a wonderful time!
    xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey this is mattie. This looks like fun! You should cook the "rolls" when you come back. Can't wait to see you at school again!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 윌이엄,
    ^Here is your name in Korean ^_^. I'm really impressed with your blog. You're getting to see so much of Korea, I hope you're enjoying it. I wanted to try and make the text bigger, but I can't figure out how. Hopefully you can copy and paste it to expand it or something.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cool Will! I want to try your rolls! Did they have fish in them? My favorite sushi rolls are either the California roll (with crab meat) or a spicy tuna roll. And I love avocado in it...but that is probably more of an American version.
    We love reading up on you!
    aunt emmy, uncle jon, luci and lance

    ReplyDelete